Dallas Association for Parent Education
Serving Dallas Area Families Since 1959
A 501c3 non-profit
WHAT IS DAPE?
D.A.P.E. was organized in 1959 by five moms who wanted information and resources for parenting. We have grown since those early years to provide support to thousands of parents and teachers of young children.
We provide classes in Childbirth Preparation, Baby Care Basics, Parenting classes and Teacher/Parent Weekend Workshops. We also host several conferences each year for parents and teachers- these are called ”D.A.P.E. PRESENTS: Special Topics”. DAPE is solely supported through private grants, donations and class revenue; currently we receive NO direct federal/government funding. All classes and workshops have been postponed due to the CDC guidelines.
We teach many groups of parents and teachers in many locations- as well as our office-classroom location (in Richardson). Some of the places we teach are:
- HeadStart Of Greater Dallas Conference
- Dallas Chapter of TAEYC
- Collin County Chaper of TAEYC “Educators Symposium”
- MNKA Annual Conference
- Texas Association for the Education of Young Children State Conference
We collaborate with many organizations and agencies. Some of those are:
- Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD)
- HeadStart of Greater Dallas
- Child Care Group
- Dallas Chapter of Texas Association for the Education of the Young Child (TAEYC)
- Collin County Chapter of Texas Association for the Education of the Young Child
- Child Abuse and Prevention Coalition (CAPCO)
We serve over six thousand people every year. Many of them pay no fees or very little for their classes and resources. We are committed to trying to help those who parent or teach young children to get information in a cost effective manner.
D.A.P.E. always needs your help!
Your donations help us keep working to provide education and support!!!!!
- Volunteers (see info on website or call 972-699-0420 for information)
- Cash donations
- Copy paper
- Postage stamps
- Art supplies
- Office supplies